Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Molasses Biscuits

This was one of my vegan Thanksgiving recipes. These biscuits are DELICIOUS! I made 19 on Thanksgiving and then 10 more the Sunday after. Chema and I ate them all by ourselves. It was ridiculous.

The ingredients are so cheap and things that you already have in your kitchen. The only thing you have to buy are the herbs and maybe molasses. So yea, I had to put my foot down and not make any more.

Maybe I'll make some this weekend. Although, I found a ridiculously easy vegan pancake recipe online that I want to try. Maybe that'll be my reward after running my 5K on Saturday!

(This recipe is courtesy of the Food Network Magazine. The photo below is courtesy of my camera.)



These are the uncooked versions. They were too good to take pics of post oven!

Molasses Biscuits (Vegan)

Mix 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1 Tbsp wheat germ, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp each of salt and chopped thyme, and a pinch of pepper in a bowl. Whisk 3 Tbsp molasses, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 3/4 cup non-dairy milk in another bowl. Then stir it into the flour mixture. Drop 10 mounds of dough (1/4 cup each) on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with non-dairy milk and sprinkle with more oats, thyme and salt. Bake at 450 degrees until golden, about 12 minutes.

It was easy to measure out the biscuits because I used a dry measure cup. So I just scooped it out and then molded them into balls. So easy and quick! You only need two bowls and some measure spoons/cups. Just be careful because they are addictive!

2 comments:

  1. If only I could find molasses here!

    I love the Food Network Magazine! I bought a couple of issues when I was in the US y ahora me fascina! Only thing is, most of the recipes are full of butter and oil and things like cheese. Did you change this one? It seems healither than their usual! Usually I try to reduce all those greasy ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it's so hard to find recipes without that stuff in it. Especially since I'm vegan now I'm always thinking about ways to substitute. Actually, the only thing I substituted in this recipe was real milk for non-dairy milk.

    ReplyDelete