Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Things I'm Loving (December/January Edition)

These past few weeks leading up to my tapering (only 18 days until the marathon!) have been hectic! I haven't written a decent blog post in a couple of weeks and I apologize! I have SO MUCH to catch you all up on such as:
  1. My tapering schedule
  2. February goals
  3. My last long run update
  4. Plus tons of debate/discussion topics!

But first things first. Here is a list of some of my December/January favorite things.

I tried to take a picture with my camera but it didn't come out so well. It's nutritional yeast, and I LOVE this stuff! I put it on everything! It's also rich in B vitamins, especially B12, which you can normally only find in meat.


Here's a better photo. We buy ours from Whole Foods in the bulk section where you buy nuts etc. It is ridiculously cheap. It's supposed to be a substitute of cheese. In a previous foodie Wish List post I mentioned I wanted a food processor. One of the reasons is to make cheese sauces with this stuff. But it is absolutely delicious as a topping.

Googleimages

This is also another product rich in vitamins and minerals. I like to add it to oatmeal, smoothies, stir fries...anything really. I haven't had much time to experiment yet, but it is incredibly versatile. It is high in Omega 3's, which are great for the heart, and usually found in salmon, walnuts and sardines.


I know I've mentioned these delicious cookies before, but they are worth mentioning again! They are that good. Please get some.


These energy beans are a life-saver. I still haven't mastered the skill of fueling while running. I get incredible stomach aches if I eat or drink before running. These beans are great because they give me necessary energy and fluids lost while running. I've tried every flavor I could find. My favorite is Berry (the purple package).


This is my handy backpack that I use when I go to the gym after work. It fits everything I need. I like it better than those one shoulder bags. I've used this almost everyday for the past two months.


OK, so these aren't the exact fig bars I love. Like the greedy person that I am, I ate them all before I could take a picture! So this photo I grabbed online just to do this post. Since I haven't had time to replenish the stash. I bought them from Whole Foods. They are also located in the bulk nuts section. THEY ARE SO DELICIOUS AND VEGAN! I mean I can eat a whole bag by myself in a few days. The bars at Whole Foods are more substantial than the ones featured in this picture. They are so good.

Googleimages


The next two photos are Christmas presents from my mom. She was sick of me wearing the same gear all the time to do my runs! So she bought me these shirts from the Nike store, which are actually really cute.


I think every runner needs a cute t-shirt, headband, hat...whatever. It really is inspiring for those long runs.


One thing I failed to take a picture of, but am also loving this month, are running socks!

I don't even remember the brand but I got them from Fleet Feet. I was never, ever, concerned about socks. But I've worn them about 3 times already and my feet know the difference when I don't wear them. Seriously, be kind to your feet and wear the correct socks for your sport! I've seen cycling socks and even yoga socks!


What are some things you've been loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment