Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Back Exercises

In the post Acheiving Six-Pack Abs I mentioned that I also planned on working my back more than I have done in the past. 

This is just so I maintain good posture and balance in my body. I don't remember where I read it but somewhere online I read that when working the abdominals it is also imperative to work the back. It makes sense to me!

The back is also another muscle group that I've neglected in the past. So I'm hype about finally working it out. Of course I will continue to work my legs and arm muscles as well.

These exercises focus on the lower and upper back and are pretty basic. I figure I can start out slow and then increase intensity. I definitely do NOT want to injure myself.

Please check out the She Knows website for more detailed information about the exercises.

1) Dumbbell Single-Arm Overhead Squat -- I have never done this exercise before


2) Dumbbell One-Point Row -- I've done this one and it's challenging because I'm not flexible at all in my lower body


3) Lat Pullover


4) Back Extensions -- These are fun because you can really feel the muscles in the back working


5) Dumbbell Bent-Over Row -- Oldie but goody


The rest of my weight training schedule I probably won't "plan" exactly. I don't want to get bored with the exercises. So I plan to do a bit of browsing on youtube and other fitness sites and just pick and choose as I see fit. If I find any truly interesting or super challenging ones I will share them on the blog.

However, the ab and back exercises I'm going to stick with exactly until I need to increase intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment