Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2013

I went to Toledo (Spain)

First off, I'm here alive and well. I haven't written in ages because NADA new has been going on in my life. I've been sticking to the same hair schedule and I haven't run any races in awhile. 

However, I'm currently on "vacation" and we're actually trying to go places this time. Usually we sit around the house watching movies. Although it's completely conducive to saving money (and hey, I like movies) you just need to DO something sometimes. Just say: "to heck with scrimping and saving!"....... Sometimes. So this was our first stop.

In case you don't already know, Toledo is the capital of Castilla La Mancha (or Castile-La Mancha for English speakers). I have, so far, seen half of the cities in this part of Spain: Ciudad Real and Toledo. The other two are Albacete and Cuenca but I have no idea what there is to see in those places.

Toledo is known for its swords and weaponry. My husband said that the swords used in the Lord of the Rings movies came from this city. Wherever you go you can see shops selling seriously scary looking weapons and armour.

We took pics of everything but my favorite ones are of the Catedral de Toledo (Cathedral) and the Puente de San Martín (Saint Martin Bridge) overlooking el río Tajo (the Tajo River).













It's a very beautiful, old-school feel city. I highly recommend it and the bonus it that you can see it all in a day. Well, obviously, you can't go into every single monument but you can walk around the entire city in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment